If you are tired of having to remember too many usernames and passwords for the various sites that you would like to gain access to, then you do have a solution. OpenID lets you login to thousands of OpenID-enabled sites with one username and password.
Deskaway now has integrated its login to OpenID:
Logging in through OpenID is simple and takes very little time. Your OpenID address is similar to a website address (www.batman.openid.net).
2. Login into your DeskAway Account with your DeskAway username and password and on top of the page, you will see the ‘My Account’ link. From this list click on ‘Setup OpenID’.
3. Enter your OpenID address and click the ‘Set OpenID’ button to map your DeskAway login to your OpenID.
4. You will be taken to the OpenID provider’s page to authenticate. Authentication needs to be done only once and it shall enable you to login into your DeskAway account using your OpenID. Check the box below in case you wish to stay signed in.
5. Now, logout. On the login page, instead of logging in through your DeskAway login username and password, click the ‘Login using OpenID’ link.
6. Enter your OpenID Address and click ‘Sign in’.
7. In the case you are already verified with your OpenID provider you will be automatically authenticated and taken to the Dashboard page. If you have not authenticated with your OpenID provider, you will be prompted to enter your password just once.
That’s it! you are now logged in to your DeskAway Dashboard through your OpenID. You can always choose to login using your username and password from the login page.
Most popular sites today are OpenID-enabled - relieving you from the need to remember one more login detail.