Simply put, project templates are re-usable portions of a project (milestones, task lists, tasks, doc templates) that can be used in creating other similar types of projects. Something like a ‘project clone’. Ever had a process that you follow and wish you did not have to type it out everytime you made a new project? Templates will help you save time and get you more process-driven.
Here is a quick update on new fixes and feature updates for making project templates more powerful and better looking:
1. The Task List description is now saved into the new template.
2. Open Task lists and recurring tasks are being recognized when the template is created.
3. Milestone and tasks ordering is preserved in the new template.
4. Milestone and task dates are also now saved to the new template
5. Hence, if we save dates (as in point #4) we need to shift them according to the project start and end dates. Here is an example of how your dates will shift when a new template is created out of a Project ABC that starts on August 1st and has a task that starts on Aug 3rd and ends on Aug 10th.
After creating the template and loading the template into a new Project XYZ (starting on Oct. 1st) the dates of the Task A will be:
Start on Oct 3rd
Due on Oct 10th
6. Updated UI of the template listing page.
7. Some other small bugs and fixes.
To learn more about project templates click here.
We are listening. Do keep the feedback coming