If you are managing your work on DeskAway, the blog feature available in there can be a blessing in disguise. It helps you: constantly communicate with teams - inform & get feedback; share, discuss & facilitate - knowledge / ideas & innovation; create comfort & build loyalties.
So, what all can one use the Blog feature on DeskAway for?
Here are a few usage suggestions:
• Announcements / notice board: Post important internal announcements, news coverage, or other relevant company-related announcements here.
• Newsletter: Publish your newsletter in the blog space on DeskAway. This can be a very important internal communication tool, specially so for remote teams.
• Information Sharing: Super Users and Project Leads can utilize this feature to share information relevant to their area of expertise. Write them yourself or link other references.
• Brain-storming: Get new ideas for execution and company-wide involvement. Invite people to suggest, think of ideas and discuss new initiatives. This is great for remote teams!
• Opinions and Fun: Use it as a personal blog to publish your opinions- business or otherwise. This can be a reflection of you in your workspace on DeskAway.
The blog feature can be used in various ways to increase productivity as well as build engagement among teams.
As a Super-User, you can create standard categories (from the main Settings tab) and each blog post can be tagged under a particular category.
If you are creating a blog or you are a Super-User, you can also determine who all you want to notify or share it with. So, if you’ve written something that pertains to only a particular team, you can monitor it at the notifications level.
DeskAway has a couple of cool utilities added to the Blog feature.
• BlogIT: Reading something interesting that you’d like to share with your team on DeskAway? Do that with just a click with the BlogIT bookmarklet. Just drag-drop the BlogIT link to your bookmarks toolbar from the “Write a Blog” page. So, you can start blogging about different websites without being on the blog page.
• RSS feature: Your team members can now get updates of the blogs and comments from your DeskAway account by subscribing to the RSS feed.
So, how have you been using the Blog’s feature on DeskAway? Have a story to share? Please do so through your comments!