Viewing all your DeskAway events and project due dates within your Google Calendar is fairly easy.
1. Login and go to your DeskAway Calendar.
2. Right-click on the “Subscribe to iCalendar” link (from the “Left Panel” on the Calendar page) & click on “Copy Link Location“. This is the iCalendar link to your calendar. Any other iCalendar supported programs like Apple iCal, Outlook or Mozilla Sunbird can use this link to subscribe to your calendar. Clicking on this link will bring up the default program on your computer that supports iCalendar. For, now lets just copy the link.
3. Login to your Google Account and head over to the Calendar. Click on the “Add” link in the “Other Calendars” section & then select “Add by URL” from the drop down menu. Now paste the link that you copied in step #1. The link should start with “webcal:….”
4. Voila! Your DeskAway events, due dates of Projects & Tasks & Milestones (that you are a part of) can be seen on the Google Calendar. You can change the color of this calendar too!
5. The Google Calendar will update automatically as your DeskAway Calendar gets updated. (We have seen that the update is very irregular).
No more going to multiple calendar windows and programs. Consolidate all your calendars in Google and enjoy a hassle-free experience of your personal as well as work events and due dates!
Bonus - If you are using a Blackberry you can download the Google Sync for your Blackberry and then sync up your inbuilt calendar and contacts to your Google Account. So now you can take your DeskAway events with you where ever you go!
If you’ll are using other phones and have got the Google Sync working then do let us know if your DeskAway events show up in there.